Thanks for visiting my blog which is all about my coastal walk round Islay in aid of the Marine Conservation Society.

I have now completed my walk but you can still sponsor me by visiting my online sponsor page :
www.justgiving.com/joiningupthecoastline

Tuesday 3 July 2007

Wester Ellister 29th June 2007
I have (by my estimation) now covered 89.5 miles of Islay's coastline and have a few pretty long stretches to do - when I get back from the Outer Hebrides (where I have a notion to walk Barra's coastline as well!) The latest stretch was from Port Wemyss to Port Charlotte - only 7 miles, but in scorching sun and with 3 bulls to greet me as I approached Port Charlotte. I was very glad of the new Port Mor centre to collapse inside and ask for an ice lolly. I was then very grateful to Mr Mitchell (BT) for a lift from Port Ban back to Bowmore.

No comments: